When you reach the bottom line
The only thing to do is climb
This week went by super fast. I probably say that every week but every week it is true.
Adventure of the week: I got my haircut at a salon where I got to use my Spanish to talk to the lady that cut my hair. We understood each other just fine and had a nice conversation! #expandingfluency
We had exchanges this week which were a blast. It was fun to get to know one of the other sisters super well :)
We had Mission Leadership Training this week too which was awesome. One of President Marsh's friends spoke to us about life goals. He said that there are 5 points he talked about
1. Vision: visualize your goals and the things you want to accomplish. The end goal
2. Bold moves: basically calculated risk. A bold move can be anywhere from talking to people you normally wouldn't to moving to a new place for opportunity, anything the Lord needs really.
3. Reliance: being able to bounce back when you fail and setting really high goals so that you will fail but achieve more than you thought you could.
4. Humility: learning something from every person you talk to.
5. Optimism: looking for and seeing the good in the process.
I really vibed with his speach. It really helped me solidify some goals I have and set up some bold moves to help me get there as well as set more defined mission goals and bold missionary moves. It was awesome!
So lesson of the week: the Lord wants to hear from you and wants to talk to you in ways that you will best understand and best respond. It's awesome. For example, I can talk to the Lord and plan my days like I would talk to a swim coach about events, visualize successes, talk about techniques I want to improve, report how I thought it want and listen to how He thinks it went and chose something to improve on. As previously stated, it's awesome.
Love you alllllllll!
Hermana Hyer




Comments
Post a Comment