It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN
Hey howdy hey!
Sooo, tomorrow, the final countdown begins. The final countdown for Christmas!!! Yayyy!!! Light the World starts tomorrow!!
The new video made me tear up the first time I saw it because we can really make an extra big difference this year. With a dark back ground light shines. So let's do our very best to make this December brighter than ever before!
Thanksgiving! My beautiful companions were absolute champs and ran 3 miles with me that morning so the Hyer tradition of wearing crazy leggins and running 3 miles could be completed. It was awesome.
We then got to spend some time with 2 different latino families and had a pretty normal turkey dinner but one big difference was that the stuffing was made with rice, and there were no mashed potatoes. (I made some the next day to satifsy that need lol no worries)
Something kinda super fun: ya gurl over here dreams almost everynight. And one time one of the people in my district asked if I got any spiritual promptings out of my dream and I was like, huh? it was just a weird dream. So anyway, I read about dreams that are Spiritual and stuff and turns out they are an outcome of faith. That night I prayed right as I was going to bed and told the Lord that I'd try to have more faith and would pay attention that time.
Needless to say, I had another weird dream with no obvious point, but I sat down anyway and said, ok Lord, what can we possibly get out of this dream that would be good. Some specific people were in my dream so we reached out to them and it was all just normal stuff.
But the cool thing is that later on in the week, after trying this whole 'promptings out of dreams' thing I had an extra weird dream with 5 different parts. Seriously guys, I was not expecting anything remotely spiritual to come out of that dream but I sat down anyway and pondered what could action items I could possibly take from such an odd night vision. Well, sure enough, after writing down some ideas more concrete good things came to mind, like reaching out to build friendships, remembering to have Jesus on the tip of my tounge and forefront of my mind, and other similar things.
After that I read in preach my gospel about praying often and it says that the Spirit works though feelings of love and promptings to do good deeds and serve your fellow men. I had felt all of those things when writing my 'to-do' list from that weird dream! It was really cool.
The moral of the story is that if you have faith and trust that the Lord can teach you things, He will teach you from every channel that you open to Him. I really hope my weird dreams don't come true but I am glad that taking time to ponder and be still has shown the Lord I am willing to listen extra close to His Spirit and learn His will.
Love yall!!
Hermana Hyer
1 Pre-run fun
2. Latino Thanksgiving
3. ^ Prt 2




Comments
Post a Comment