Celebrate good times, come on!
Hey everyone!
This week has been crazy but good! We got our transfer calls last night to tell everyone who was going where etc. So all this week we were a little anxious about what was going to happen. Woo!
Sister Blomquist, one of my lovely roommates, a fantastic sister, is going home. This was her last week! So that added onto the rollercoaster of emotions. She is stellar. She will be missed in the mission. I've learned so much from her.
One of our cute friends has a baptismal date! It was wild because when we passed by her house she was making tamales for a party but let us in and asked if we wanted to read some scriptures to her while she worked so we did and talked about the story of Ammon and King Lamoni. And all about seeking God on every moment, and the Spirit, etc. The Spirit directed us to talk about baptism so we did and then I felt like I should just ask her when she wanted to get baptized/ set a goal and so I did. She was so funny because her response was anytime as long as it's in the afternoon. So we decided that the 21st of March wild give us a good amount of time to help her really understand everything. Love her.
Also, our other two friends on date are getting married this weekend! On the same day as Syd! #3weddingsinoneweek
They are the cutest. I love them so much. They are so awesome and have grown so much. They are truly dedicated to the Lord. I'm so grateful I've gotten to help them on their journey.
Which brings us to Sunday night news: we got a call from the APs at 8:35 informing Sister Smith that she would be staying in Coal Mountain and would be recieving Sister Neilson. Sweet. Sister Neilson will be super good. She got switched from English to Spanish about 3 transfers ago so yay. Sister Smith will grow so much leading the area and everything :)
Then at about 9:15ish I got a call from President Kuck, one of the councilors to President Marsh, informing me that I would be getting transferred to Stone Mountain area with Sister Brooks, going STL.
That's sinking in. Im so excited though. Sister Brooks is so awesome! I've seen her around at international zone conferences and from day one we've hit it off. She is stellar!!
President Kuck said I'll be going to the Lilburn zone but after the call I told my Stls about it and sis Smith and turns out that the "Stone Mountain" area is on the complete opposite side of the mission from the lilburn zone and that Sister Brooks is currently serving in the Riverside area. So I will ¿probably? Actually be in Riverside? Let the adventure begin.
I didn't know that some Spanish speaking areas also had normal leadership assignments so that was a surprise! We have STLs of the international zone but their responsibilities are a little different. But I get to do the normal STL gig. Wow! So grateful I live with the STLs of this zone so I can pick their brains.
I love that the mission gives you opportunities to fully submit your will to the will of the Lord. Transfers is one of those specific times because to have peace you MUST trust Him. You MUST trust our mission president is in tune and really seeks His will. We can always make the best of whatever adventures we go on next. I am so excited to work work work and help help help the Lord in this His great and marvelous work :)
Love you all!!
Hermana Hyer
Cute old couple named the Grant's. They speak Spanish and are amazing, a little valentines box that Ricardo and Eloisa asked us to help them doll up for their daughter,(ot was really cute if then to ask), something about sister Smith, The last egg :,)








Comments
Post a Comment