Why isn't anybody ever just whelmed?
Hello hello!
Another week has gone by in sweet Georgia. My new area is really beautiful. It's a lot more rural than Roswell but that means I get to see stars every night :) we have a Spanish group that we are working on growing into a branch. 9 people came to church who are in our group yesterday so we are combined with an English ward but we'll get there :) #laidiomacelestial
Sister Vargas, my new comp, is super great. She knows a lot about missionary work and has so much to her. Because she isn't confident in her English she is pretty quiet at meetings but one on one and in Spanish she shows so much personality. She loves extreme sports and has gone skydiving and bungie jumping, she loves my favorite movie, "His girl friday" which was a shocker bc no one knows that movie so I didn't expect my columbian companion to know it either. She loves Pride and Prejudice and making jokes. It's been fun to get to know her and an adventure translating stuff for her.
Subject line: that's a quote from a good show Julia and I would watch. A character says this one guy was overwhelmed and the other was underwhelmed so 'why isn't anybody ever just whelmed?' Well I'm pretty whelmed in Coal Mountain. I've got lots of new responsibilities and am so excited to really get to work up here!
We had zone softball today and man o man I could play all day long. We just get together and play play play then have some burgers and watermelon and it's such a great time. I always feel so great. President Marsh is everyone's coach and I love to try to do my best. This time the park was near one of the lakes up here and it was super pretty. I'll attach a photo of the lake.
Spiritual thing: The Lord knows exactly where you and and exactly what you need. Yesterday morning I prayed and wrote down all my new stressors and the things I can do about the stuff I can control and all the things I can't control so I could just let go of it and that prayer was awesome. A great exercise to get focused on what is worth your energy and action and having the guidance of your Omnipotent Heavenly Father to teach you to recognize He wants you to focus on. So after that we went to church and Sacrament was exactly what I needed. It was a spiritual waterfall. So much guidance and direction and hope and reminders to patiently work your guts out.
"Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart." - Gordon B. Hinckley Keep going. We are here to have joy so live like you believe that and you'll feel it more and more each day
Love
Hna Hyer :)
Another week has gone by in sweet Georgia. My new area is really beautiful. It's a lot more rural than Roswell but that means I get to see stars every night :) we have a Spanish group that we are working on growing into a branch. 9 people came to church who are in our group yesterday so we are combined with an English ward but we'll get there :) #laidiomacelestial
Sister Vargas, my new comp, is super great. She knows a lot about missionary work and has so much to her. Because she isn't confident in her English she is pretty quiet at meetings but one on one and in Spanish she shows so much personality. She loves extreme sports and has gone skydiving and bungie jumping, she loves my favorite movie, "His girl friday" which was a shocker bc no one knows that movie so I didn't expect my columbian companion to know it either. She loves Pride and Prejudice and making jokes. It's been fun to get to know her and an adventure translating stuff for her.
Subject line: that's a quote from a good show Julia and I would watch. A character says this one guy was overwhelmed and the other was underwhelmed so 'why isn't anybody ever just whelmed?' Well I'm pretty whelmed in Coal Mountain. I've got lots of new responsibilities and am so excited to really get to work up here!
We had zone softball today and man o man I could play all day long. We just get together and play play play then have some burgers and watermelon and it's such a great time. I always feel so great. President Marsh is everyone's coach and I love to try to do my best. This time the park was near one of the lakes up here and it was super pretty. I'll attach a photo of the lake.
Spiritual thing: The Lord knows exactly where you and and exactly what you need. Yesterday morning I prayed and wrote down all my new stressors and the things I can do about the stuff I can control and all the things I can't control so I could just let go of it and that prayer was awesome. A great exercise to get focused on what is worth your energy and action and having the guidance of your Omnipotent Heavenly Father to teach you to recognize He wants you to focus on. So after that we went to church and Sacrament was exactly what I needed. It was a spiritual waterfall. So much guidance and direction and hope and reminders to patiently work your guts out.
"Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart." - Gordon B. Hinckley Keep going. We are here to have joy so live like you believe that and you'll feel it more and more each day
Love
Hna Hyer :)
1. Softball
2 lake
3. She likes pigs
4. First trailer I knocked
5. Always adopt the road to Christ
6. Go Dawgs







Comments
Post a Comment